Friday, June 14, 2013

Disappointment

When I started this blog, I said I was going to be as open and honest as I know how, because, I want to capture what thoughts and feelings take place in not only my own journey to health and freedom from obesity, but hopefully let people see into the thoughts and struggles of someone who is obese and trying to lose weight.

Well, I'm not going to lie here...I am very frustrated and disappointed this morning!  I have read, and I know that we shouldn't let the number on the scale dictate how we feel, but come on...the second week into this journey, I should be seeing really good results than what are happening!  Last week I lost only 1.5 pounds.  This week I gained that 1.5 pounds back!  Most really heavy people when they start a weight loss program they lose like 3, 4, even 5 pounds in the first week, and they usually lose lots of weight in the first few weeks, because let's face it...the bigger you are, the easier it is to lose weight.  Well, not me!  I mean, yes, I have gone over a few days on my calories, but I have also kept the habit up of getting up first thing in the morning, spending time with God and exercising.  You would think that it would make some difference.



I have been reading the "Power Thoughts" Book by Joyce Meyer, and week one was the Philippians 4:13 scripture: "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."  And reading ahead for next week, the power thought is "God loves me unconditionally".  One thing I read this week, as I was reading ahead in this chapter, was that we often ask the question..."What is wrong with me?"...throughout our lives, and Joyce was saying this in the book that this is a common question that the enemy puts in our minds that we are not what we need to be and to prevent us from enjoying ourselves and not seeing who God sees us as.

Well, honestly, I actually said that this morning!  I actually asked myself, "What is wrong with me?!  Why can't I lose weight?  Why do I have to work so hard, only to see the scale go up instead of down?  I mean, hear I am, God, I am trying my hardest to give this all to you.  Why?"

I'm sorry, I am being totally honest here.  I just don't understand.  Yes, I wanted to just give up and just eat whatever I want to eat today, but I'm not going to.  Yes, I am very disappointed.  But, I just know if I keep persevering something good has got to happen.  I just have to believe that God is trying to teach me something here.  I really am trying to give this all to Him.  I know that without Him I can't do anything.

So, sorry if this blog is not very positive, but it is what it is.  It is real, and that is what this blog is supposed to be about.

3 comments:

  1. You have stated how every dieter feels at least at some point in their journey. I have felt that way lately and the one thing I know is that I am not giving up. May reevaluate and change a bit of what I am doing, but I won't give up. I deserve to be healthy and so do you. You can do it. Just keep working it and don't give up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouragement. :)
    Yes, giving up is really not an option here. I must re-focus. We do deserve to be healthy.
    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This journey is a long and frustrating one! But you are starting it for the right reasons and the right way. In the first weeks a lot of the "huge" weight loss is water. You may not have excess water. You may have gained 1.5 pounds back from a little too much sodium. Keep going! Keep eating good foods and moving your body everyday it will happen and everyday will make a difference you may feel it before you ever see it on a scale or in the mirror! I'm really glad you invited the Lord on this journey with you! It really does help!

    ReplyDelete