Thursday, June 20, 2013

What Does It Mean to "Give it to God"?

Just wanted to let every one know that I am still here and still doing all I know to do, physically, to continue on this journey.  It's the spiritual part that I am having problems with...the letting God have control and show me what to do.

You see, I know there are many ways and many different "eating" plans and "exercise" plans that one can use to lose weight.  I just have to find the right plan for me.  I know there are many people who have succeeded in losing a lot of weight, and if you ask them how they did it, it is always different.  So, no one way is right or wrong, it's just whatever works for you.  I am still working on which plan will work for me, but I do know, it has to be something I can do for the rest of my life.

I know there are some things that I have to just "DO IT", and there are other things...spiritual things...that I have to learn not to try so hard and just give it to God.  There is an older lady at our church who has lost a lot of weight...over 200 pounds, I think she said.  She comes to me every time she sees me at church...sometimes she says I am running from her...but really I'm not!  But she does get on to me really hard! LOL

She keeps telling me, "Until you give it over to God, you will not lose the weight".  I keep telling her, "I know, I'm trying to do that".  And she says, "NO! NO! Stop trying!  Just give it to Him!"



So, my question is this.  What exactly does that look like?  HOW exactly do you do that?  I mean, I really am trying, but does it mean I stop trying so hard?  I mean, I still have to actually DO some things to make it happen, I can't just expect God to just make my weight go down!  So, what does it really mean, to give it to God?

4 comments:

  1. Well, for me it was just a mind frame. Praying God help me with my choices. Trying to be mindful of the holy spirit leading me. It sounds to me like you are in the right track. Its all a learning process. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lauren for the input. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've actually been on my own journey since Jan of this yr. It began in prayer, and me asking God what was next. I believe that God brings things to our attention to work on, and when that's done He lets us rest for a while, then brings something else to light. After several prayers, and time after time health coming to mind, I said ok, God, I get it, but I can't do this on my own. I need your Holy Spirit to guide me. Well, that's what is happening. Thus might sound strange to some, but there have been times during exercise when I've almost given up before I was done, but I called it to Him for an extra push, for help. And that's what I got. I've dropped a little over 24lbs since Jan 7th, which is slow. But, I keep reminding myself I didn't gain it over night, so I'm not going to lose it over night. I'm watching what I eat/drink, trying to make better choices, and trying to have a different mind set when it comes to food without depriving myself, while still having a life! Get a plan and do your best to stick with it. If you have an off day, don't beat yourself up about it. Make your mind up to have a better day the next day, and do it! When we do our best, God will do the rest. The question is, are we really doing our best? It's a hard, everyday struggle but I believe the Lord will honor our efforts if we are doing them for the right reasons. We are in this together, girl! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This helps a lot, Amber! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete