Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Creating Good Habits

Starting this past Monday, June 3rd, I have been working on small, achievable goals and trying to create good habits, instead of concentrating on all my bad habits and all the areas that I need to change in.  I recently read a book written by Joyce Meyer, entitled:  Making Good Habits, Breaking Bad Habits.  It has really been an eye opener to me.  The very first habit she suggests that you try to create is the one called, "THE GOD HABIT".  That is a very important one, because all the great men and women of God know how important it is to spend time with God in both prayer and reading His word.  And if I am going to succeed on this journey of losing weight with God, than I need to spend some time with Him the very first thing in the morning.  This also helps me to create a habit, and something I can feel like I have accomplished.

You see, the reason this is so important to me, is that I am a procrastinator.  For example...I had planned on posting a blog every day starting June 1.  But as you can see, that didn't happen.  I actually have been working on the look and design of the blog, longer than spending the time posing a blog! Haha.  That brings me to another one of my down falls when it comes to losing weight.  I am a perfectionist.  If everything isn't just perfect, I would rather just not do it, or finish it until it is perfect.  But we all know, if you have been trying to lose weight for any length of time, that no one is perfect.  And not only that, we will not be perfect on our eating or exercise every day of our life.  So give yourself a break sometimes, when you mess up or go over your calories one day or meal, just do better the next time.  This is what I am telling myself to do.

Each day my goal is to first talk to God a few minutes, to ask Him for help and guidance in what I eat and what I do that day.  I am trying to focus more on Him instead of the program, or the plan, or even the food.  Yes, I know there has to be some planning involved with what we eat, but being a procrastinator that sometimes is hard to make myself do.  That is why I am focusing right now on creating good habits, because those good habits will eventually lead to success on this journey.

One thing I wanted to have done before I started was to create a vision board or collage to give me motivation and encourage me each time I look at it.  But, I haven't made one yet. :(  I will try and get that done soon.  But I will leave you with an inspirational quote:


No comments:

Post a Comment