Sunday, June 2, 2013

Introduction

My name is Barbara and I am medically termed as morbidly obese.  I do not see myself as that way...yes, I do see myself as fat, but morbidly obese just sounds ugly and gross.  My highest weight reached 302 pounds, but I am now at 293.  I have pretty much hovered in the 290's and even at one time reached the 280's, but sadly I have not really ever gotten past that mark.

This is my first blog post about my weight loss journey with God.  This is not my first blog post I have ever written, mind you, as I have been a member of Sparkpeople ( a free website that gives you support in losing weight), for a little over 5 years now, and have written many blogs about my journey of losing weight.  I have not had much success though, as I was always trying to do it by myself, and not really letting God help me, as I should have.  Don't get me wrong, I have had many friends on Sparkpeople, (and still do), and even have support from friends at church and my family, but I have not really given this all over to God.

This is where this blog comes in.  I have always been inspired by reading success stories of people who have lost a lot of weight and kept it off.  They were, and are people just like me...who at one time, never dreamed in a million years that they could actually lose the weight and do the things they are doing now.  I have often wondered, and even dreamed of becoming one of those success stories.  I recently have stumbled upon another weight loss blog of another Sparkpeople member, who has really inspired me.  I do not know her, she does not know me, and even doesn't know just how much she has inspired me.  She has lost over 130 pounds so far and her blog is called "The Singing Bird".

Now I have read many weight loss blogs that were inspiring and even insightful as to how they succeeded...but I have never found one that started blogging from the very beginning of the journey, exposing their thoughts and feelings, so that I could understand what they felt and how they must have struggled in the very beginning.  We all know, that first step is always the hardest to take.  So, this is why I thought, hmmmm....what if I just put this out there...what if I started blogging from the very beginning...from the uncertainties, the fear, and the feelings of what an obese person would go through at the beginning.  This way, I will be able to go back and see from where I started to where I am and to where I will be once I reach my goal.

Now, this journey will not only be a physical journey, but also a spiritual one.  And it will be a journey that will be lead by the one and only true God, my savior and redeemer.  So, if you are offended by that and do not believe in the one true God, this will not be a blog for you!  I am going to learn to lean and trust on Him.  He will be my guide on this journey.  Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God. (Hebrews 12:2 KJV)

I am believing that I actually have it in me to succeed.  How about you?  Do you feel like one of those success stories trying to get out of where you are?

No comments:

Post a Comment