Monday, June 10, 2013

One Week Down!

Well, I did it!  I actually stayed on course for one week!  I tracked everything I put into my mouth using my "My Fitness Pal" app.  I find it is easier to use than the "SparkPeople Food Tracker".  Sunday is my free day, my day that I can eat what I want, but even so it was my free day, I still tracked everything I ate...and it wasn't pretty!  Not that I ate a lot, because I didn't, but it was what I ate.  We went to Chili's for my daughter's 14th birthday, because she wanted to get one of those Chocolate Molten Cakes that just ooze out like a volcano...yummmm!  I only had 3 bites, but I tracked it on my app as an 1/8 serving.  Do you know how many calories is on one of those things?!  1,280 calories!!!!  Geeez!  And on top of that, Instead of getting something healthier, I ordered my favorite...the Chipotle Chicken and Southwestern Egg Rolls.  I won't even tell you how many calories is in that!  Well, I didn't eat it all, at least in that sitting...I took the left overs home and ate them for supper, so yes, I did eat the whole thing in a days time.

So, that's my confession.  But like I said, I did track everything I ate, and on top of that, even though I allow myself to drink anything on my free day, I did not get a coke.  So it has been since 8 days today that I have not had one.  I just think right now I need to not allow myself one, because I think it would just make me want one more this week, and it is already hard enough to get right back on track today.

But I did accomplish something this week.  I not only tracked everything I ate for an entire week, but I actually stayed under my calorie range on Saturday!  And that was being out all day with my daughter shopping for clothes for her birthday, as that is what she wanted me to get her.  I am very proud of myself for that accomplishment because weekends have always been my downfall.  It's the routine thing that gets me off track.  I get up later, and I just don't want to do what I normally do on the weekdays.  But Saturday, even though I slept in till 9:30 I went ahead and started the day off like a weekday.  I did my "God Habit"...talked to Him first thing, than got on the bike and rode for 20 minutes, instead of 30. Than I ate a banana, got ready and ate a sandwich for lunch before we left...that way, we would only have to eat out once that day.  Both Rebekah and I got a kid's meal at a Japanese Noodles place in the mall....it was noodles and Orange Chicken...we only ate half of the kid's meal!  We were both full!  I guess we should have shared one kid's meal, huh? LOL

So, enough about boring you all with what I ate.  Spiritually I am hopeful.  Although right now, as I am writing this, I am wanting chocolate, or something sweet and it is about the time I would normally get something out of the vending machine...I am instead writing this post.  So, yes, I am hopeful that this time around I will really succeed at this weight loss thing.  I know week two will be tougher, it always is, but if I can just get through the hump, and allow God to speak to me and help me to do this, I know I can.  Philippians 4:13 "I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me"!


2 comments:

  1. WooHoo! Success is yours. Gain a little more momentum at this way of incorporating healthy habits, and you'll have more incentive to stay the course towards your ultimate goals. Keep up the great work Tracking is truly one of my best tools. Hug, hug -- Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Evelyn! This week hasn't been that great on the calories but I am still tracking everything I eat. :)

    ReplyDelete